Communities magazine is the primary resource for information, stories, and ideas about intentional communities—including urban co-ops, cohousing groups, ecovillages, and rural communes.
Communities also focuses on creating and enhancing community in the workplace, in nonprofit or activist organizations, and in neighborhoods.
We explore the joys and challenges of cooperation in its many dimensions, and pass the wisdom on to you and your community.
- Subscribe – receive Communities in print and digitally 4 times per year!
- Give a Gift Subscription – share Communities with a friend or organization.
- Back Issues – print and digital copies of over 40 years of the magazine.
- Advertise – reach our conscientious audience in display or classified ads.
- How to Help – how you can help Communities magazine to grow.
- Submit Content – contribute your articles, artwork, and photography.
- Communities Index – a complete index of all articles from 1972 to present.
- Communities Testimonials – what readers say about Communities.
Upcoming Communities magazine themes
Summer 2019, Issue #183: Sexual Politics
Fall 2019, Issue #184: The Shadow Side of Community
additional themes, not yet finalized: Winter 2019, Issue #185: Exploring Relationships ● Spring 2020, Issue #186: Planet Community ● Summer 2020, Issue #187: Climate Justice ● Fall 2020, Issue #188: Retirement in Community ● Winter 2020, Issue #189: Scaling Up