Best of Communities Magazine
Communities magazine is the leading publication for all topics related to intentional community. From the broad-stroked overviews to the intimate details, this quarterly publication covers it all. With so much content to explore, we’ve distilled it into a single compilation!
Volume XII – Cohousing
Are you curious about cohousing?
As one common type of intentional community, cohousing tends to resemble residential neighborhoods with common spaces and shared resources. However, they are more unique than a typical neighborhood and no two cohousing communities look alike. The following 15 articles will give you a peak inside life within cohousing.
In this book you will:
- learn what is cohousing
- hear from the founders of cohousing leaders in North America
- get a peak inside a number of cohousing communities and what makes them unique
- glean insight from lessons learned along the way
You will recognize authors leading the intentional community movement, representing cutting-edge thinking and how-to explorations of the social, ecological, and economic aspects of sustainable living.
Volume XII includes the following articles:
- The Face of Cohousing in 2005: Growing, Green, and Silver by Raines Cohen and Betsy Morris, #127
- Joining a Cohousing Community: Risks and Rewards by Stephen Gold, #127
- From Cohousing to Ecovillages: A Global Feminist Vision? by Hildur Jackson, #127
- A “Green” Architect Falls in Love . . . with Frogsong Cohousing by Joseph F. Kennedy, #127
- Cohousing for Non-Cohousers, by Charlene DiCalogreo, #144
- Potlucks: From Scarcity to Abundance, by Ken Cameron-Bell, #141
- What We’ve Learned at Sharingwood Cohousing by Rob Sandelin, #85
- What Do You Mean, ‘Community’? (including Pioneer Valley: Members Leaving, New Members Joining, Peter Jessop, and Celebrate Milestones), by Shari Leach and Laird Schaub, #106
- The Making of Senior Cohousing: The Story of Wolf Creek Lodge by Suzanne Marriott, #149
- Unto the Second Generation: Can Cohousing Survive and Thrive? by Judith Bernstein, #152
- Creating eCohousing by Vivian Vaillant, #156
- Living the Questions by Coleen O’Connell, #156
- New Beginnings at Oakleigh Meadow Cohousing by Pat Bryan, #157
- Achieving Affordability with Cohousing by Joanna Winter and Charles Durrett, #158
- Making Cohousing Affordable: Strategies and Successes by Betsy Morris, #158
You can have ALL the BEST
Volume XII is part of a 15-volume compilation of the Best of Communities magazine. The set includes over 200 articles about intentional communities from the 1990’s and 2000’s. Purchase the entire set and save!
Communities magazine is now published by GEN-US
For over 30 years, the Foundation for Intentional Community had the pleasure to publish Communities magazine.
Although we are no longer its publisher, Communities is still alive and thriving with GEN-US. Subscribe to the magazine today!