Author: Diana Leafe Christian
Diana Leafe Christian, author of the books Creating a Life Together and Finding Community, is publisher of Ecovillages, a free online newsletter about ecovillages worldwide (EcovillageNews.org), and a columnist for Global Ecovillage Network (GEN) (gen.ecovillage.org). She is a trainer in GEN’s Ecovillage Design Education (EDE) program, and speaks at conferences, offers consultations, and leads workshops internationally. See www.DianaLeafeChristian.org.
Articles by Diana Leafe Christian include:
- Ecovillage Activists in Japan (Issue # 138)
- Can We Make a Difference? (Issue # 137)
- The "Ten Most Beautiful" Communities in the World (Issue # 136)
- When Adobe Pueblo Meets Star Trek (Issue # 136)
- Worth Their Weight in Gold (Issue # 134)
- Remembering Eileen Caddy (Issue # 134)
- Avoiding Abundance’s Traps (Issue # 144)
- Reunion Under the Redwoods (Issue # 153)
- We the People (Issue # 154)
- Busting the Myth that Consensus-with-Unanimity Is Good for Communities (Issue # 155)
- Busting the Myth that Consensus-with-Unanimity Is Good for Communities, Part II (Issue # 156)
- How the “N Street Consensus Method” Helps N Street Cohousing Thrive (Issue # 157)
- Consensus and the Burden of Added Process: Are There Easier Ways to Make Decisions? (Issue # 158)
- So Why Do Cohousers and Ecovillagers Join Community? (Issue # 158)
- Saying Goodbye to Consensus-with-Unanimity in European Communities (Issue # 159)
- Transparency, Equivalence, and Effectiveness (Issue # 160)
- Self-Governance with Circles and Double Links (Issue # 161)
Earthaven and Dancing Rabbit embrace their groups’ evolution and growth with innovative new governance and decision-making methods.
How can a diverse group best make decisions? After many years advocating it, the author concludes that consensus is not the answer.