Communities magazine is the primary resource for information, stories, and ideas about intentional communities —including urban co-ops, cohousing groups, ecovillages, and rural communes.
Communities also focuses on creating and enhancing community in the workplace, in nonprofit or activist organizations, and in neighborhoods.
We explore the joys and challenges of cooperation in its many dimensions, and pass the wisdom on to you and your community.
- Subscribe – receive Communities in print and digitally 4 times per year!
- Give a Gift Subscription – share Communities with a friend or organization.
- Back Issues – print and digital or digital only copies of over 40 years of the magazine.
- Advertise – reach our conscientious audience in display or classified ads.
- How to Help – how you can help Communities magazine to grow.
- Submit Content – contribute your articles, artwork, and photography.
- Communities Index – a complete index of all articles from 1972 to present.
Upcoming Communities magazine themes
Spring 2016, Issue #170: Finding or Starting a Community
Summer 2016, Issue #171: Ecovillages around the World
Fall 2016, Issue #172: Gift Economy
Winter 2016, Issue #173: Public vs. Private