Since 1972, Communities magazine has been the primary resource for information, stories, and ideas about intentional communities in North America—including urban co-ops, cohousing groups, ecovillages, and rural communes.
Communities now also focuses on creating and enhancing community in the workplace, in nonprofit or activist organizations, and in neighborhoods, with enhanced coverage of international communities as well. We explore the joys and challenges of cooperation in its many dimensions.
- Subscribe – receive Communities in print and/or digitally 4 times per year!
- Give Gift Subscription – give a subscription to a friend or donate it to an organization.
- Back Issues – print and digital or digital only copies of over 40 years of the magazine.
- Advertise – reach our conscientious audience in display or classified ads.
- How to Help – how you can help Communities magazine to grow.
- Submit Content – contribute your articles, artwork, and photography.
- Author Bios – read about the wonderful writers who make it all possible.
Upcoming Communities magazine themes
Spring 2015, Issue #166: Community for Baby Boomers
Summer 2015, Issue #167: Food and Community
Fall 2015, Issue #168: Community and the Law
Winter 2015, Issue #169: The Many Faces of Community