Why would I become a member of the FIC?
There have always been benefits to FIC membership, and now we’re expanding those benefits. But that’s not the only reason to be a member. Being a member is a way to support the programs and services we provide to intentional communities.
Listing in the online (and print) Communities Directory is free. A tremendous number of Communities magazine and other articles are available for free on ic.org. We curate a rich selection of books, videos, and games in Community Bookstore. We give interviews and provide information to researchers and media, support conferences and events, offer free and paid classified and display ads, provide fiscal sponsorship, and more. Being a member supports all of this work, which you can benefit from and benefits so many other community builders out there.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Participation in our new monthly webinars―The Community Builders Forum. Starting Wednesday, August 16th, we’ll be hosting monthly webinars, which members can access live. These webinars will cover a wide range of topics of interest and importance to intentional communities and their allies.
- Digital copies of all issues of Communities magazine more than 3 years old
- Annual thank you to Community members in Communities magazine
- Quarterly Reports from the Executive Director
- Membership Badge and online Directory highlighting for Community memberships
- 10% discount on FIC Bookstore items sold on www.ic.org or at events
- 10% discount on advertising in Communities magazine
- 5% discount on tickets to FIC hosted events
- 5% discount on tickets to participating events sponsored by the FIC
Bonus limited time benefit, while supplies last!
For a limited time, while supplies last, new and renewed memberships can get a free copy of Within Reach
or A New We, either as a DVD or digital download.