Would you love to use your marketing and social media skills to benefit communities?
Apply to become our Marketing & Outreach Coordinator!
If you have marketing, graphic design, and administrative skills, are excited about working as an innovative member in the cohousing movement, and are looking to develop an exciting career related to marketing and sustainable development, then apply for this position by following the three steps at the bottom of the page.
Who is CoHousing Solutions?
Cohousing Solutions provides development consulting services to create sustainable neighborhoods. Their team pioneered the development of cohousing in North America, and we have helped create dozens of successful, award-winning communities as well as train passionate cohousing entrepreneurs through the year-long 500 Communities Program.
In this position, you’ll:
- Utilize marketing and outreach Best Practices in your work with cohousing groups to help them develop strategic plans and tools that meet their unique situations. You’ll be a resource for client communities navigating the cohousing development process by assisting with their marketing strategy as well as being their point-person for organizing workshops.
- Act as the office administrator and assistant to CoHousing Solutions President Katie McCamant, including but not limited to tasks such as: answering the phone, responding to general inquiries, office filing/organization, scheduling calls and meetings, and maintaining relevant programs and systems.
- Grow your marketing experience by creating monthly newsletters, creating and updating websites, facilitating social media campaigns and posting on Facebook, Twitter, MeetUp, YouTube accounts
- Design marketing materials with the purpose of growing awareness for client communities
- Act as point-person and manage the educational platform for CS’s 500 Communities Program. Tasks include: updating curriculum, organizing and distributing materials, recording and organizing calls, maintaining contact with Program graduates.
- Further cohousing’s presence and credibility nationally by finding and sharing relevant news and materials.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn extensively about cohousing and housing development as you work in close proximity with cohousing expert Katie McCamant
- Participate in the 500 Communities Program, a year-long training for cohousing professionals
- Attend National and Regional cohousing conferences where you can learn new skills and network with professionals in the industry
- Attend workshops led by Katie McCamant and assist with event management
- Take on interesting projects related to the development of cohousing communities
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, clients, and tasks
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Graphic design experience for the creation of websites, advertisements, flyers, brochures, and other materials. Familiarity with Adobe Programs such as InDesign and Photoshop is preferred.
- Basic administrative skills
- Experience with social media outreach, including Facebook, Twitter, Meetup, YouTube, etc.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn certain online platforms such as Zoom, Dropbox, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Weebly, Wix, WordPress, etc.
- Comfortable working with the Office Suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Ideal candidates for this position are:
- Passionate about the idea of community and sustainable development
- Self-directed, able to work independently
Compensation & Location
This is a full-time position, with some ability to be flexible. Starting rate: $15-$17/hour DOE. We are located in Nevada City, CA, a charming and historic town nestled in the Sierra Nevada mountains, about a 1 hour drive from Sacramento, the state capital.
How to Apply
If you have the necessary skills and are excited about working as an innovative member of cohousing development and creating an exciting career follow these three steps to apply:
- Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the Job Survey.
- At the end of the survey you will see the link to a required short Skills Quiz