Tribe of the Phoenix
Glasgow, Virginia, United States
- Last updated: September 3, 2018 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: August 25, 2018
The idea is to return to our home and rightful place among the living world and community of Mother Nature.
Leaving behind every thing that hinders this aim. We are much more than this bag of muscles and bones. Get in touch to learn more.
This community is a place for people to be real. A place to rediscover what the essence of being human is. We hold all life to be sacred and non-violence does not mean we just treat other humans well, but ALL other mammals, reptiles, fowl, and fish. We are vegetarian and/or vegan and do not KILL ANY other animal for food. It is time we acknowledge the capacity to love and communicate that resides in other living creatures. It is also time we begin to reassume our lost, forgotten place in the circle of life as the species to bring understanding, harmony, peace, and love to all of Creation.
As such, our guidance comes from the Spirit of Love and Truth and Mother Nature. We do not discriminate against, race, age, gender, sexual preferences, etc. As a part of this community, members leave their religious, cultural predispositions, and traditions where they belong…. in the old, decaying fiction humanity as been tricked into living for millenia.
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling), Unspecified, or Other
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Early joiners will obviously have more of a direct say in how everything develops.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: All or close to all
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind, Hydro-Electric, Biomass, Biogas, to be discovered
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Food produced locally: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Workshop, Swimming pond or pool, Hot tub or hot springs, Outdoor Kitchen, Stage or Auditorium, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Waterfront access, Gym or sports area, to be determined
- Internet Available: No
- Internet Fast?: No, it is slow.
- Cell Phone Service: Not good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all dinners
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Raw or Mostly Raw
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Yes – we all share a common diet.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
A cruelty-free diet is essential. Vegetarian or vegan. No killing of animals is acceptable.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Native American, Mixed Eastern Philosophy or Practice, Committed to following Love and Truth with a deep connection to the Living World (Nature).
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private Schooling at the Community, Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
If anyone is (still) intent on taking pharmaceutical drugs, sees a need for this, or feels it is beneficial, this is probably not the place for such a one.
- Additional Comments:
If you prefer to be monogamous, polyamorous, or something in between, it makes no difference whatsoever. But egos, masks, filters, will be checked at the door. Everyone will agree at the outset that absolutely every effort will be made to talk through differences/disagreements in a respectful way, understanding that love governs ALL of our interactions.
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)