Permaculture Family Co-op
Denver, Colorado, United States
- Last updated: October 22, 2017 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: February 3, 2007
conscious creative community
If you would like to garden and live sustainably and are interested in creating community with 4 other people;
if you want to live in a clean and beautiful house and help keep it that way;
and if you want to live with other kind, responsible, spiritually conscious and healthy people,
We are excited to be urban homesteading and want someone who enjoys that.
We keep a really clean house.
Communication, collaboration and participation are the keys to community.
We are a conscious, creative household sharing our beautiful, comfy, two-story, five-bedroom Victorian house.
This is a great central location in Congress Park, a prime Denver area, in a lovely safe neighborhood near downtown & Cherry Creek. Within walking distance are three parks, shops, restaurants, the Tattered Cover bookstore, the film society cinema & the Botanic Gardens.
There is wireless internet, a private backyard, a big garden with a pond, six fruit trees and 4 chickens and a duck. We want people interested in building community, sustainability and growing food.
Together we create a relaxed comfortable home. We are part of a larger Denver community.
There are 3 bedrooms and a nice bath upstairs as well as a small office/sitting area. Two other rooms and bath are on the main floor.
Rent is $850/mo. which includes utilities. $850 deposit
We want quiet and considerate people who will consider this their home and share in cleaning, gardening and care taking. We meet as a community on a regular basis.
There’s no TV here and no tobacco smoking. We’re an organic household; we like healthy food, mostly vegetarian, and share occasional meals. We are relaxed, friendly and easy going. Cats ok. No dogs.
We like to have Airbnb visitors on occasion. It’s fun to meet new people.
This is an opportunity to practice living in community and creating a happy cooperative household as well as participating with gardening and nutritious meals.
How people relate to each other and how they reciprocate is the basis of any society. We change the world by changing how we relate. Interactions based on kindness create peace.
There is a luxurious rental apartment in the carriage house out back, suitable for a couple or single person. It has a big deck with room for plants. We would love to have someone there who would be part of our community. That rent is $17000/mo.
- Status: Re-forming
- Started Planning: 1999
- Start Living Together: 2016
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Contact Name: Diana Rae Bevis
- Phone: 303 320 5731
- Community Address:
1326 Detroit St
Denver, Colorado, 80206
This Community is Re-forming
We have an opening December 1.
Looking for a long term member who really want to build community and fully participate in maintaining this beautiful house and garden.
- Type(s): Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Additional Comments:
Rae, the homeowner, has created the framework by developing the space and garden, but wants this to be non-hierarchical and egalitarian, with each member of the community contributing and taking full responsibility.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $850
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 1
- Additional Comments:
minimum 1-3 hours per week maintaining house and garden (less in winter)
approximately $5-10/mo towards cleaning supplies
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Energy sources: Connected to the Grid
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Between 26-49%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Fire pit, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
would like to grow more food
Want healthy food in the house, no factory farmed products as they are not sustainable.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Nu Mondo
sustainability, permaculture, gardening, urban homesteading, conscious awareness