Dancing River Community LLC
Reno, Nevada, United States
- Last updated: January 5, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: December 30, 2017
Live in community to support one another in shared interests including health, music and dance, permaculture and nature study.
For nearly 25 years the River School Farm has been developing beautiful gardens and recreation amenities along the banks of the Truckee river. In the past three years Tom and Iris Stille have transferred ownership of the property to Dancing River Community LLC (DRC). They are building several new duplex homes two of which one is nearly completed. There are two more in the design and planning stage. DRC is based on permaculture principals and biodynamic practices. Our intentional community is composed of 15 home sites located on more than an acre of land along the Truckee River. Our common grounds consist of river view terraces, amphitheater, pathways and a river beach. Garden areas include fruit trees, grape vines, edible and nectar producing flowers, culinary and medicinal herbs, and vegetable garden plots. Our common house includes a dance/yoga studio, guest room, bath room with shower, entertainment and meeting room as well as shaded out door patio spaces and summer outdoor food preparation area.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2015
- Start Living Together: 2015
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.riverschoolfarm.org/drc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DancingRiverCommunity/
- Contact Name: Tom and Iris Stille
- Phone: 775 747-2222
- Community Address:
7777 White Fir Street
Reno, Nevada, 89523
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Suburban
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
As our community grows community governance may change and respond to a dynamic community.
- Join Fee: $25000
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $100
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
The $25,000 is the current amount based on value of common grounds and facilities. Another variable fee is based on occupancy subscription. These two fees are required and are included in the total cost of a unit.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Library, Outbuilding(s), Outdoor Kitchen, Stage or Auditorium, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Waterfront access, Internet, Dance/yoga studio, laundery
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for some people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Opportunivore (dumpster diving, nature harvesting, etc.), Raw or Mostly Raw, Kosher, Halal, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Coho/US, Local Food Network, Northern Nevada Permaculture Meet up Group
Intentional, cohousing, dance, music, outdoor, activities, permaculture, biodynamic, river, fruit