Gardner, Colorado, United States
- Last updated: March 23, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: June 26, 2013
We CHANGED our NAME! We are no longer “Creative Sanctuary and Freedom Farm” This idea of building a sustainable village in the forest began when I was a 10 years old. Since then I have been many places and done many things, and now I am finally ready to fullfill my childhood and lifelong dream. I never even knew why I had this dream, really, just did. Then six months ago I met someone I could clearly tell was a clairvoyant, and she told me that I am a fairy. She told me as if I should know this already. She was actually shocked when I told her I didn’t know! So, I went home and learned as much as I could about REAL fairies. I read online articles, then I read Doreen Virtue’s book about incarnated fairies and now everything about me makes sense! NOW I am SO READY to connect with my encarnated elemental brothers and sisters to demonstrate what living in harmony with nature looks like, and help to inspire the world with our other creative passions! This is why we are here. Come, and stay as long as you like.
Step by step, this is to become a retreat from monetary economies and a sacred space to awaken and experience spiritual discovery in environment full of life, love, and inspiration built to inspire a new way of thinking, living, and creating. Its humanity’s time to thrive on Earth. We are currently looking for creative individuals that are truly optimistic and ambitious about making a positive change in humanity as well as spiritual healers and aspiring healers to come and build a strong community of unconditional love for all. We want to share plant knowledge and earthen-house building as a form of meditation. We are attempting to free ourselves from a monetary economy, so others who are on the same path are welcome to come and share ideas on instigating a resource-based economy. We are very peaceful and open-minded people, and we believe that we must be the change that we see in the world. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions! Peace, love and naked squirrels!
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2013
- Start Living Together: 2017
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://opensourceawareness.org/
- Business, Project, or Organization: https://connect.ubuntuplanet.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1742907819359859/
- Other social: http://www.intothemythica.com
- Contact Name: Eve Ryone
- Phone: (760) 264-5549
- Community Address:
123 Off Main Drag
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling), Spiritual or Religious Community, Unspecified, or Other, Transition Town or Eco-Neighborhood (focused on energy/resource resiliency), Traditional or Indigenous Community
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities), School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Sociocracy
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Additional Comments:
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Our goal is to create a completely self-sustainable community that will be free of the current monetary economy. We CAN achieve this with practical steps backwards to our ancestral heritage of basic needs for survival. We can be a benefit to the land and and it can provide a return of abundance to us. First step: Want less. Wanting causes stress and getting does not give happiness. Recognize that things do not make you happy and make a decision to life as simply as possibly and still comfortable. Step two: Trade more. Trading is a big part of the Crestone community, and ours. Step 3: Share more Sharing is not required, but it happens over and over when people love. Step 4: Attraction. Thoughts become things, that is our reality. We are already wanting less, so it is easy to manifest the little that we need to live- happily. We will build very comfortable cob houses using materials from the Earth, so construction will be dirt cheap. Money (ideally in the form of donations) will be needed initially to “secure” a piece of land which we can thenceforth call “ours.” There is flexability on the contributions one could do to integrate with the family. Fair is not equal, some can contribute more than others. What is important is that we love, and that we not judge.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Food produced locally: Between 26-49%
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: No, it is slow.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for some people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all dinners
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Opportunivore (dumpster diving, nature harvesting, etc.), Raw or Mostly Raw, Kosher, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
People will eat what feels right to them, I hope. We want to eat what we grow. We will eat together as much as it seems like a good idea. We love sharing meals and sharing cooking! We are always sensitive and flexible with preparing food with others’ diets in mind. So far we are about 50% vegetarian, 90% paleo, 15% raw, and 90% gluten free. I would like to eat more raw, myself. Take in the nutrients of our foods in the most efficient way possible. Eventually we will find that we do not need food for sustenance and become breathatarians living off the energy of the sun. Until we do, and until we are growing 100% it helps to have a local organic market to shop from. It is quite expensive to buy food in Crestone, but cheaper supplies can be retrieved 1 hour away in either Alamosa (South) or Salida, CO (North).
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), All faiths welcomed.
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private Schooling at the Community, Private School off the property, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Healthcare practices are a personal choice. I would just like to say that I am hoping to attract people that are interested in teaching and learning SELF healing techniques. I am very interested in learning how to heal using quartz crystal. Also, some of the most ancient cultural knowledge of plants and their medicinal uses is still being practiced. Right now I am drinking a cup of skullcap tea, which is a native flower that helps to repair nerves (it makes you good and relaxed). Health is up to the individual.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
- Additional Comments:
Education philosophy… Our community will provide an alternative school for children based off of the children’s and parents’ interests and passions (including magic) that will be self initiated learning where we provide the space and tools, and they decide when and what to learn about. Once it is their choice, they actually enjoy learning!
A story about my philosophy… In high school, my friends and I decided to make our OWN religion. So we invented Igheism (pronounced Iggy-ism). In this religion, Ighe, our creator, is a giant turtle with a tie-dyed shell. There are only 2 rules. 1. Have respect for Ighe. (You don’t have to worship, trust, have faith, believe, or even love Ighe, but you must have respect.) and… 2. Anything you don’t like is against your religion. Simple. And because it is so simple and yet profoundly empowering I have had a resurgence of Igheism in my life!
So in this community of beautiful incarnated elementals and lightworkers, consider adopting Igheism on the side. It works well as a peaceful method of dealng with anyone considering themselves “official.”
The point is,
that within Fairy Forest, rules are for fools. (or rules are for rule breakers!)
We are all apart of divine cosmic energy and we are unlimited, immortal, spiritual beings!
and within the enchanted Fairy Forest….
All shall “Do as thy will, and harm none.”
Fear not, I shall forgive anything, and love you anyway, no matter what, and there’s nothing you can do about it!
Ubuntu USA, Open Source Awareness
Gift Economy, Resource Based Economy, Permaculture, Natual Building, Free energy