Nymboida, NSW, Australia
- Last updated: June 7, 2017 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: May 13, 2017
The mission is to create this community as a prototype for the Utopian world of peace, environmental sustainability, love and equality that we wish this world to become through vegan and then rawfoods combined with yoga. See website for more.
This is a beautiful boutique yoga health retreat based on the spiritual teachings of the Unification Organisation of Collective Ascension.
There is a large two storey eco-sustainable solar house on 160 acres of secluded forest in Nymboida Australia. Two more huts can be developed and a shed. Up to six people can stay in the house. More in the sheds or camping. More huts and a temple are planned. Those suitable will be assisted to build their own accommodation if they wish to live here.
Members must go through a visitor resident period of at least 3 months. They must follow the diet, vegan, and yoga and meditation practised here and do 4-6 hours work per day.
Perfect for yoga and meditation. In Summer it is naturist.
All are welcome regardless of race, gender, sexuality, creed, culture, age, disability.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2007
- Start Living Together: 2017
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://wna.org.au
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://enligtenart.com.au
- Other social: http://yogaretreat.net.au
- Contact Name: James
- Phone: 0266494277
- Community Address:
73 Martin Rd
Nymboida, NSW, 2460
- Type(s): Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events, health retreat
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By an individual community leader
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Additional Comments:
At the moment the community owner leads, however the community will be turned into a spiritual trust with a board of trustees (elders) operating by a form of consensus and majority decision. There will be meetings for all members to vote on important issues that will be confirmed by the trustees.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: All or close to all
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 20
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Energy sources: Solar, Biomass, wood
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool, Internet, yoga and meditation area
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: No, it is slow.
- Cell Phone Service: Not good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Raw or Mostly Raw
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Yes – we all share a common diet.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Unitarian Universalist, Paganism or Earth Religions, Mixed Eastern Philosophy or Practice, Hare Krishna, Rainbow Family, Ananda Community, Atheist, Agnostic, Humanist, UOCA
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: Yes
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private Schooling at the Community, Private School off the property, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Where possible natural medicines are used, but Western medicine is permitted but discouraged unless serious medical concern in which case it is encouraged.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
- Additional Comments:
Unification Organisation of Collective Ascension has all information on the website www.wna.org.au
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
Vedic Yoga School Rishikesh
Fair Housing Laws
This community acknowledges that their listing does not include any potential violations of the Fair Housing Law, or that they do not provide housing. For any questions about this topic please see our Content Policies and contact FIC with any questions or concerns: [email protected].
yoga, naturist, raw, rawfoods, meditation, nature, love, health retreat, sivananda, permaculture