Sacramento Suburban Cohousing
Fair Oaks, California, United States
- Last updated: July 3, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: March 5, 2005
We’re an intergeneratonal cohousing community actively looking for others who share our vision to join us!
We are building Fair Oaks EcoHousing, a neighborhood of 30 families in Fair Oaks, eighteen miles east of Sacramento, California. We started construction in December 2017. The homes will be completed in Spring 2019.
Our vision is for an inclusive, earth-friendly community that fosters supportive relationships based on respect, cooperation, and fun. We have purchased 3.7 acres of land in Fair Oaks. The site is close to the American River Parkway, Fair Oaks Village, Sacramento Waldorf School, Rudolf Steiner College, and Bannister Park. We are working with award-winning architect Chuck Durrett of McCamant & Durrett Architects and development consultant Katie McCamant of CoHousing Solutions.
For more information, please visit our website at www.FairOaksEcoHousing.org.and/or contact Marty Maskall by email or phone. We’d love to have you on board!
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2014
- Start Living Together: 2019
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.FairOaksEcoHousing.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fairoaksecohousing
- Contact Name: Marty Maskall
- Phone: 916-967-2472
- Community Address:
4025 New York Avenue
Fair Oaks, California, 95628
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Suburban
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Marty Maskall, founder
Unanimous Consent with a Voting Fallback
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Contribute to downpayment
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Workshop, Swimming pond or pool, Hot tub or hot springs, Internet
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
We expect regular common meals, at least 3 per week.
We will offer vegan & vegetarian options on request.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations