Marlborough, New Hampshire, United States
- Last updated: January 10, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: May 17, 2017
A cooperative residential horsekeeping
and agricultural condominium intentional community.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2008
- Start Living Together: 2017
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: https://sites.google.com/site/mpasturesv102/home
- Business, Project, or Organization: https://sites.google.com/site/mpasturesv102/home
- Twitter: http://www.monadnockpastures.com
- Other social: http://peepwillowfarm.com/
- Contact Name: Noel Aderer
- Phone: 603 876-3807
- Community Address:
51 Bixby St.
Marlborough, New Hampshire, 03455
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
all residents are board members but each residence has only one vote.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $200
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Additional Comments:
Members are expected to keep their residence in good shape and contribute to the upkeep of the common land.
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Energy sources: not yet
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: 100%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Outbuilding(s), Tractor & Farm Equipment, Internet, equestrian facilities
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Rarely
- Dietary Practice: all
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private School off the property, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
cooperation, outdoor life, sustainability, horsekeeping, agricultural production