Leeds, United Kingdom
- Last updated: March 12, 2018 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: March 12, 2018
Inclusive & Affordable
Inspiration & Resource for others
Safe & Healthy
We are a cohousing community of 20 eco-build households in West Leeds. The homes and land are managed by residents through a Mutual Home Ownership Society, a pioneering financial model that ensures permanent affordability.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2008
- Start Living Together: 2013
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Not currently, but there is a list or possibly in the future
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: https://lilac.coop
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/lilacleeds/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/lilacleeds
- Community Address:
Victoria Park Avenue
Leeds, LS5 3AG
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used often.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Christian, Buddhist, Catholic, Quaker, Atheist
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Public Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual