Flagstaff, AZ, Arizona, United States
- Last updated: May 23, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: January 25, 2018
Our vision for Flagstaff Cohousing is to be an intentional community that nourishes body and soul and celebrates our diversities and life experiences. We embrace living sustainably on the earth, creating a beautiful, joyful and peaceful place to live, continuing to grow, and responsibly honoring our commitment to one another. We are committed to establishing a workable balance between having private lives, doing our share for our community and reaching out to the wider community.
Multigenerational Cohousing. We are a group of committed individuals who are deeply engaged in the Flagstaff community. Our members have a wide range of professional experience and currently volunteer in areas of social consciousness and peace, science, music and the arts, sustainable gardening and biological diversity, mental health, literacy, business and community development. We are committed to addressing inequality and intolerance and we work to include families and individuals from a wide range of social and economic backgrounds.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2016
- Start Living Together: 2020
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: https://flagstaffcohousing.org/
- Phone: 928-853-3054
- Mailing Address:
10885 N. Linda Lane
Flagstaff, AZ, Arizona, 86004
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Small Town or Village
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Please see membership process for how you can join the governance.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Common Facilities: Common House, Vehicle Share, Library
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
diversity, sustainability, commitment