Eco Village StL
St Louis, Missouri, United States
- Last updated: September 12, 2018 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: September 9, 2018
We aim to provide a safe place for community members’ to sleep or live, whether it be travelers, those in crisis, activists needing housing to continue working in the movement, or a street musician needing a couch to crash on for a few weeks. We have an open door and open arms. We love everyone. Welcome Home
Since 2009, our group has been building a self-sustained village in the city. Starting out at as artist co-op, we have now grown into a village of 3 houses and 2 gardens.
Services offered:<3 housing, showers,kitchen access, wifi, hammocks, and community <3
*Every Friday we have food share at 2:30pm – Free to all and nothing needed- Food is Free!
*Clothing Closet by appt. Filled with men, women and children clothes and shoes. some household items and other donated goods
*Community Garden and Healing Herb Garden filled with fruit, veggies and medicinal plants.
Coming Soon – Community Bike Shed
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2009
- Start Living Together: 2009
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EcoVillageStl
- Contact Name: Jazz
- Community Address:
5155 Kensington Ave
St Louis, Missouri, 63108
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Programs & Activities: Community Gardens
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $400
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Library, Outdoor Kitchen, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Internet, clothing closet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), Opportunivore (dumpster diving, nature harvesting, etc.)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
gardens, housing, clothing closet, food share, mutual aid