East of Eden [Nature Preserve]
Big Bay, Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu
- Last updated: September 25, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: February 22, 2015
We have come to realize that the absolute essence of Community …is CommUnion. Thus do we share the grail so many seek
It is in such knowing …that the true Nature of our own Purpose is also revealed ..now it will be expressed in our connection to the rest of Nature.
To this Sacred Space – in the East of Eden – we have come, finally, to nurture what the Creator Consecrated to us in the ‘first place’ …as it was given to us!
Yes we failed… we allowed everything precious to be exposed to insanity …we lost sight of the perfect Love that was imbued in us all and in every thing…
Yet now we come home …to the East of Eden – to heal this profound breach.
We are free of culture, prejudice and violence. We are the Warriors of Yesterday’s Children …gathering at last.
“the time of the lone wolf is over…..” We are returning to our Sacred Nature… and there to affirm ‘our CommUnity’ …we are at last at East of Eden.
In this special space …we are celebrating a dream we had always realized in our hearts …only now we come to manifest it in a higher vibration and in a new reality. This is our divine destiny …at one with the trees, animals, birds, sky, water, earth, stars …and each other. We are family ….and our place is at the center of the dream.
We have begun to be what we were meant to be. There is no mystery; it is, after all, just so simple…
Our life is focused on the fresh soil of a new world …i8t is necessary to let go of the paradigm in order to come home… Such is the sweet dream we turned to…
Much harm has been done to Mother Earth and her Children …the whole of the Universe is aggrieved.
Now we come forth …reflecting in ourselves and each other …the profound Love preserved in us ….and thus express with our most humble gratitude… “we are free at last… !”
“…The time of the lone wolf is over – gather yourselves” …so compelling, was this simple advice from Hopi Chief Martin – the whole world could have heard it if they cared. But his words were heeded by only a few: …we were inspired; so we are here.
In the final hour …we turn to Great Spirit. And in an act of mercy …leave the ‘life’ we came to know …to its destiny.
East of Eden is, then, a portal to transcend the known world …to the Dream we never forgot …we honor the sacred path, incline to purity, and live fully, conclusively, in Love. It is all that was ever free…
Of course, being aware of the emergent crisis around us – unfathomable though it may be even with all our previous experience …and even as the hapless world around us succumbs to its final delusion …we remember to honor its teachings with the words “…never again!”
Children of the Earth …gather in this sacred circle…. hasten the Dream … weave the cloth …a new dawn awaits you.
We are at the very edge of the earth – that’s where Espiritu Santo is – we have learned well – we know that to protect our progeny – is to protect our destiny – we have to separate from the paradigm; it has failed… Even so we acknowledge our singular and collective responsibility – there is only one standard of accountability… Karma is absolute and inevitable!
So we come now to the land – all ten or twelve thousand acres of it. It is entrusted to us, by family. Now we will take it up in pieces of twelve or more acres …and in whole. Since we are at the end ….it is as it was in the beginning …ours to care for!
We recognize who is ready – they are true to their Nature – it is they who shall vest in the East of Eden destiny …by the care they will have taken. It may take time; it may be immediate – but everyone is responsible for their own journey …the leaves are falling…
I, papa bear, have brought forth this land from its ancient past … to be given unto your care forever… as it was given to me [for several generations] by my Kastom brothers and our extended family [in Vanuatu, only families – tribes and clans – ‘own’ land]. It is an understanding that the land will be leased …to the East of Eden Foundation for the purposes disclosed in its charter ….for respect.
Some issues attendant upon the land bequeathed to [me] us still persist …but they are being settled in Kastom and will be soon ratified in Constitutional Law as well. Nonetheless our right to enjoy the land was given to me in ceremonies that made it so and was witnessed by many of the chiefs and elders of the surrounding communities. This is the serious business of Kastom [culture].
Now the land is to be consecrated finally …from its foundation in yesterday’s Dream …to its destiny in our children’s hands – for this Sacred undertaking …and from Love we will separate from all that was previously manifest, That’s all there is to it. Life is free – and so are we…!
East of Eden expresses no orthodoxy, no doctrine; no system of belief …it has only the Love of Great Spirit to guide it …we already live beyond the horizon… I, papa bear, am no guide …it is the Great Master we serve. We have no other ‘Leader’.
We will continue to live, build and grow a shared life in all that abounds …as ‘eco-village’ …in ‘permaculture’… but most important, in Communion with each other and the Creation around us. Memories of the still-present paradigm around us will teach us how little of it it is ‘needed’. Thus we will carry on …until our perimeter is sealed – thereupon access will be made impassible …to learn the ways of new world. This is our Living Dream.
Our family will have learned how to live in Communion with Nature… All we ever wanted or needed was here – the bush feeds, houses and nurtures us [as needed] – we will want for nothing… It is all free.
Beloved Rainbow Family …Children of the Earth …take your place …now is the time you have waited for… But consider well …that you are ready
“When the earth is ravaged and the animals are dying,
a new tribe of people shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, creeds,
and who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again.
They will be known as Warriors of the Rainbow”
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2015
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.east-of-eden.org
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://www.emergenceconvergence.com/ancient-futures/
- Contact Name: papa bear [StEvEn]
- Phone: +678-779-1191
- Community Address:
Big Bay ‘Highway’
Big Bay, Espiritu Santo, na
Location” body=”Big Bay ‘Highway’ Big Bay, Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu”]
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Programs & Activities: Portal to the Sacred Garden …Fifth Wprld
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: council of elders
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Additional Comments:
Out of respect for Natural Law …we submit to the direction of a Council of Elders relying on such expression of wisdom.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Additional Comments:
it is not in any sacred perspective ‘…to make a living’ – hence no economics apply to our agenda… should current needs require subsidy, then sustainability has not yet been achieved – to the extent that the CommUnity must step up, so too is it with the individuals that comprise it…
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Solar, Hydro-Electric
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Food produced locally: 100%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Library, Outbuilding(s), Outdoor Kitchen
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, Raw or Mostly Raw
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
When one is family with every living thing … it is just not possible to slaughter another living creature in order to eat. Is killing not insanity … ?
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Native American, Rainbow Family, Love of Great Spirit
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Private Schooling at the Community
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
…we follow natural Law! nothing outside of this makes any sense,
- Healthcare Options: Community Plan
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Global Ecovillage Network (GEN), Rainbow Family, GENOA – Gen of Oceania & Asia
Edenhope Nature Preserve