Cite Ecologique of New Hampshire
Colebrook, New Hampshire, United States
- Last updated: December 14, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: November 3, 2011
We give priority to education, the well-being of its members, sustainable development and respect for all living things.
We believe strongly in serving our local community. Our dedication to working harmoniously with others while staying committed to our ideals has earned the respect of the local population.
Our activities;Community Business, Microenterprise, products, Organic agriculture, Alternative private school, renewable technologies/Energy management, Spiritual practices, Sustanable Animal Husbandry, Volonteer programs, Waste Management, Permaculture/Design, Educational Courses/Training
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2003
- Start Living Together: 2003
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.citeecologiquenh.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/laciteecologiqueofnh/
- Contact Name: Leah Vaillant
- Phone: 603-237-5041
- Community Address:
85 Angels Rd
Colebrook, New Hampshire, 03576
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Administration board, and different boards that represent the community services and the businesses.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: No
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
40 Hours per week and voluntary help
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Energy sources: Solar, Biomass
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Current food produced: Between 26-49%
- Planned food produced: From 50-75%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool, Hot tub or hot springs, Large Scale Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Recreational vehicles, Gym or sports area, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Shared lunches 6 times per week and 1 Dinner
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious community, Meditation, prayer, yoga.
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
We ask our members to be mindful of their health. So by then taking the time on their schedule to exercise, meditate…
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Global Ecovillage Network (GEN), Global Ecovillage Network – North America (GENNA)
La Cite Ecologique in Quebec, Ananda, Ionia
Fair Housing Laws
This community acknowledges that their listing does not include any potential violations of the Fair Housing Law, or that they do not provide housing. For any questions about this topic please see our Content Policies and contact FIC with any questions or concerns: [email protected].
Intentional Community, renewable energy, regenerative lifestyle, social businesses