Aria Cohousing Community
Denver, Colorado, United States
- Last updated: July 24, 2018 (3 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: January 20, 2015
At the heart of the Aria Denver neighborhood, we are a multi-generational group of individuals and families living together to support and enrich the lives of each other and the community beyond. We are committed to sharing talents, resources and responsibilities and to live in a healthy way, leaving a small footprint on the land.
The Aria Cohousing Community is built on an authentic commitment to one another and to the community beyond. Cohousing is a type of intentional, collaborative housing in which residents actively participate in the design and operation of their community. The current Aria Cohousing members share a common commitment to living in a healthy, sustainable community. The former Marycrest convent at the heart of the larger Aria Denver was redeveloped into a 28-unit inter-generational cohousing community. Eight of the 28 units are designated as affordable. Only two units remain! Please visit http://ariacohousing.com for more information.
An eight-minute drive north of downtown Denver, Aria Denver is a 17.5 acre transit-oriented, mixed-use, mixed-income development located within the Chaffee Park neighborhood. Aria Denver is designed for urban-minded people who share a vision for being part of a close-knit community.
Aria Denver, in partnership with Regis University and the surrounding neighborhoods, has created the Cultivate Health Project to support the health and wellness of the entire community. This project, which is funded by the Colorado Health Foundation, will create infrastructure and programming that encourage an active lifestyle, increase access to healthy food and offer integrated health services. The project will bring a one-acre production garden at Aria Denver, improvements to pedestrian and bicycle routes in the neighborhood, new adult exercise zones at Aria and Zuni Park and many more exciting projects in the Regis and Chaffee Park neighborhoods.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2014
- Start Living Together: 2017
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.ariadenver.com
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://urbanventuresllc.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Aria-Cohousing-Community-1469592516703407/
- Contact Name: Tess Williams
- Phone: 303-446-0761
- Community Address:
2835 West Parkside Place
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Join Fee: $150
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Library, Large Scale Kitchen
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Opportunivore (dumpster diving, nature harvesting, etc.), Raw or Mostly Raw, Kosher, Halal, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
healthy living, sustainability, community