Ridgway, Colorado, United States
- Last updated: September 4, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: September 4, 2017
We are creating an intentional neighborhood
Where we will live simply
With peace and kindness
In beautiful, environmentally friendly homes
Around our common house.
Living Simply. Nurturing Others. Enjoying Nature.
Ours will be an intentional neighborhood where we have people who we can celebrate with in good times and who we can count on in hard times. Combining the autonomy of private homes with the advantages of community living in a ‘’resident friendly” setting, we plan to create a socially and environmentally sustainable lifestyle, and cluster our homes around a Common House. Our founding members came together in 2016 to plan a multigenerational cohousing neighborhood within walking distance of Ridgway, Colorado. We intend to live cooperatively and sustainably, sharing resources as we care for each other and the environment.
Our site planning committee is working hard with our architecture firm and cohousing consultants to design our neighborhood. Currently plans are in the works to build 900, 1200, and 1500 square foot homes, ranging from 1-3 bedrooms. Current members are reserving their homes and participating in the neighborhood design. 5 of the available 24 units have already been claimed! Investing now, will save on the final cost of your home.
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Small Town or Village
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Additional Comments:
At this stage, we work as a group, taking turns with facilitation, and making decisions by consensus. We have subcommittees that care for different aspects of the project and bring to the whole group.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 1
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Additional Comments:
Dues are not required if you want to connect with us, come to meetings, even jump in on a committee to see if this is a right match for you. Once you decide to become a member monthly dues and investment in home is required. Becoming a member secures your place in line for reserving your home.
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Workshop, Large Scale Kitchen
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices)
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Coho/US, http://cohousing-solutions.com/