Lolia Place EcoVillage
Pahoa, Hawaii, United States
- Last updated: May 24, 2017 (3 days ago)
- Listing created on: October 4, 2009
consciousness, permaculture, sensuality, peace, justice, cooperation and autonomy.
We are now offering the Hawaii Conscious Sensuality Internship Program. Please read more about the Internship Program here: https://goo.gl/bi8JQc The idea is for people to have an extended opportunity to live the practices of conscious sensuality and permaculture on a daily basis.
We are located near Kehena Beach, a clothing optional black sand beach and is an awesome place for yoga, swimming, snorkeling, and often frequented by dolphins who love to swim with people. We are a 20 minute drive from our local town of Pahoa and 45 minutes from the city of Hilo and the airport. We have enough bicycles for everyone in the program. The biking along the Puna coast on the red road is wonderful.
The idea behind this program is for people to living daily life with an inspired community and to gradually re-pattern our experience of ourselves, each other and our sensuality/sexuality. Rather than one week of intensity and then back out in the “real world” we are taking a holistic approach and taking the time to create a different way of living and learning powerful tools, rituals and approaches that are useful for those who are, or are seeking to be practitioners and teachers.
We share space so there is an opportunity to realize our true nature in the reflection of others. There is plenty of space in nature around here for times of solitude, reflection and grounding. There is also time to make money working in or outside the community.
Welcome to read more about our internship program, courses and events here and find our intern intake form to apply: Intern Program Info: https://goo.gl/bi8JQc
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2012
- Start Living Together: 2012
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.conscioussensuality.com
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://www.HawaiiTantraFestival.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Lolia-Place-265136363908303/
- Contact Name: Robert Silber
- Community Address:
13-6554 Kalapana-Kapoho road
Pahoa, Hawaii, 96778
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities), School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Voting (majority or super-majority rule)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Everyone is encouraged to be a leader and take repsonsibility for areas/subjects they have passion for
people that have been here longer have more input, but feedback from all is valued
sociocracy with a lead facilitator
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $600
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Hot tub or hot springs, Large Scale Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Stage or Auditorium, Fire pit, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for some people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), Mostly Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
we plan to grow 75% or more of our own food within a few years
vegan, lots of raw
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private School off the property, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Global Ecovillage Network (GEN), Ecovillage Network of the Americas, Global Ecovillage Network – North America (GENNA)
GaiaYoga Gardens, La’akea, Kalani Honua, ZEGG
permaculture, nvc, massage, polyamory, tantra, yoga, meditation, ecological, sex-positive