Asheville Mountain Meadows
Mars Hill, North Carolina, United States
- Last updated: May 31, 2017 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: June 24, 2011
Mountain Meadows is a Green, Organic, & Sustainable community that listens to the land and fosters positive, fruitful, and conscious relationships. The beautiful new river rock and hardwood (70% comes from our land) Pavilion is a gathering place for spontaneous get-togethers and community events.
Mountain Meadows on Crooked Creek is a Green, Organic, & Sustainable Community which recognizes the value of positive human interaction in a welcoming and conscious environment. Enjoy the 5 acre common area with organic vegetable areas by Crooked Creek and an organic orchard already in-place. Our new and beautiful Pavilion & Patio creates a warm surround for caring and kind interface, poetry readings, spiritual musings. yoga classes, drumming, musical events, potlucks, etc. Most importantly, many of us will enjoy spontaneous chat and a cup of java or tea around the fireplace, fire pit, or grill. The Pavilion also offers a small kitchen, bathroom, and outdoor and indoor games in a rich stone and wood Arts & Crafts setting near the entry. Come take a look at our community. 33% of our 30 lots are sold and a couple more homes are being started soon.
<25 minutes to Asheville • 7 minutes to Mars Hill
All 4 lane highway to Asheville except last 2 miles of State Road• High-speed cable and all underground utilities • 1st beautiful new GREEN home finished…more homes to be built soon
High mountain air quality & south facing• mountain water supply • 5A Organic garden & poultry patch area, orchard, Pavilion & Patio with FP, Grill, Fire Pit, Games, Sustainable & Eco-friendly • Heirloom seed bank initiated
1A-5A forest privacy • Creek & Meadows
GreenBuilt NC homes …Small and beautiful homes encouraged
~~~FRONT PORCH NEIGHBORHOOD – 8 wooded sites of 1A to 3A each surround a lush 2A green space. We will start to build Twin Cottages (separate ownership and about 800 square feet each) soon on 1+ acres as a means of helping folks be able to afford their small dream home.
See www.ashevillemountainmeadows.com for more info under the Menu below.
Home | Survey & Prices | Lot Info | Conscious & Sustainable | Community & Covenants
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2009
- Start Living Together: 2012
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://ashevillemountainmeadows.com
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://www.ashevillemountainmeadows.com
- Other social: http://www.ashevillemountainmeadows.com
- Contact Name: Bernie Byrne, Owner/Developer
- Phone: 828-230-0755
- Community Address:
2129 Crooked Creek Rd.
Mars Hill, North Carolina, 28754
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Unspecified, or Other
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Voting (majority or super-majority rule)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Sociocracy is our preferred dynamic governance of choice…
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $30
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: No
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Association Fee is $300/year per “fee” mentioned above
NC laws require a Home Owners Association for a community…
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Energy sources: Connected to the Grid
- Planned renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Between 26-49%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Outbuilding(s), Outdoor Kitchen, Fire pit
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Opportunivore (dumpster diving, nature harvesting, etc.), Raw or Mostly Raw, Kosher, Halal, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Health is wealth and good food choices and exercise are part of that dynamic…
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
- Additional Comments:
Mountain Meadows encourages the highest level of health physically, mentally, & spiritually…
Green Building Council
sustainable, eco-friendly, holistic, survival, green, intentional, conscious, organic