Seattle, Washington, United States
- Last updated: March 12, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: October 16, 2004
We share organic, vegetarian food, although few of our current members are vegetarian. We have at least one scheduled communal meal a month. Currently we practice a moderate form of income sharing in which members pay a portion of their income to the community in addition to payments for base dues and food.
We seek to live a more environmentally sustainable and communitarian lifestyle. Title to our property is held by the Evergreen Land Trust.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1970
- Start Living Together: 1972
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.evergreenlandtrust.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PRAG-House-124305730990417/
- Contact Name: PRAG House
- Type(s): Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling)
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Additional Comments:
Commitments to work may vary, but every individual is expected to commit some time each month to labor on the house and in other community responsibilities.
We require a refundable deposit
Members pay dues and money for food on a monthly basis in addition to a percentage of their income.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Additional Diet Comments:
We communally purchase organic vegetarian whole food. The eating habits of everyone in the house is varied. We have several vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores.
Tabacco must be used outside
- Education Style(s): Public Schooling
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Northwest Intentional Communities Association
Walker Creek Community, Sunset House, Sherwood Co-op, River Farm, Wild Old Women House, Pragtree Farm