Jewel of the Sun (La Joya del Sol)
San Isidro, Perez Zeledon, Costa Rica
- Last updated: July 30, 2017 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: August 21, 2010
MISSION: Co-create a magnificent, sustainable sanctuary to heal, thrive, help reclaim our true essence and connection to Creator/Nature, and return to Earth the era of peace, awareness, and conscious living. The need is greater now than ever before for this haven where the intimate pureness of nature can rejuvenate the body, move you emotionally, touch your very core, and fill you with tremendous inspiration – revealing the infinite creative power within everyone.
Jewel of the Sun is a forming Anastasia-living-foods-inspired sustainable farm nestled on 167 acres of Costa Rica’s south Pacific coastal mountains. Amidst lush rainforests, pure spring water, private waterfalls/natural pools, and breathtaking mountain scenery close to the ocean, Jewel of the Sun seeks to bring together people looking to awaken, calm, reconnect, learn, build, grow, strengthen, prepare conscientiously….
You can experience..
Clean air to breathe
Bathe in and drink pure spring water
Tranquil 170 acres
Spring water pools
S. Pacific Beaches 1 hr. away
Miles of rainforest trails
Magical mountain vistas
Vibrant, fresh, organic, local food
Permaculture gardens, orchards, land use
Gourmet fresh food cuisine/int’l raw food chef
100’s of exotic flowers, fruits, wild edibles
Free plants for residents
Wondrous birds and insects
Natural building/design assist
Yoga at neighbor studio & planned here
Good, private 4WD access
24 hour emerg. clinic 1 hr.
Covered camping, houses built to suit
G3-G4 internet by tower broadcasto
Flexible buy-in/leasing terms
What people are saying about La Joya del Sol….
“A must-see for every raw foodist or nature-lover going to Costa Rica! Stay here to jumpstart vibrant health and a new connection to our mother earth”
– Rachel Rose, MD
” Stupendous views! Amazing food! Thanks for your generosity and looking forward to seeing this dream grow” – Fred Patenaude
“Interested in raw foods, farming, and environmentalism we searched for an experience that would challenge us mentally, physically, and emotionally. How fortunate we were to find you. Living at La Joya del Sol has provided us with just the kind of challenge we were seeking. Thank you so much for your hospitality. You’ve
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2009
- Start Living Together: 2017
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.VivaLaRaw.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vivalarawcostarica/
- Contact Name: Eric Rivkin
- Community Address:
Lista Correo, c/o E. Rivkin
San Isidro, Perez Zeledon, 11901
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability)
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Leadership changes by need
Everyone is a leader in some way
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Additional Comments:
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Solar, Hydro-Electric
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Food produced locally: 100%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool, Hot tub or hot springs, Outdoor Kitchen, Large Scale Kitchen, Fire pit, Waterfront access
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all dinners
- Dietary Practice: Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Raw or Mostly Raw
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Goal is 100% self sufficiency with neighbor trading of food/seeds/plants
Primarily plant-based, living and wild foods inspired
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Natural health practices encouraged, food as medicine grown here.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Raw, food, sustainable,permaculture, rainforest, off grid, micro, hydro, solar, sun, organic, local,