Living and sacred space on 5 acres near Metchosin
- Cohousing Openings + Real Estate
- Metchosin, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
We own 5 sunny acres on a forested hilltop on the Metchosin/Sooke border on Vancouver island, Canada, where we want to co-create a common sacred space and individual dwellings together with one or two couple(s) (or individuals).
The land is zoned for three residential buildings, allowing a common sacred space/house and individual units. We have a good well and power at the road. Several possible building sites exist. 80 acres of hilly, forested land surrounding our lot is held in conservation in perpetuity by all land owners. 5 minute drive to rural town of Metchosin; 15 minute drive to Sooke and Langford.
We hold significant equity and would ask you to contribute equity as well. Price around $200000 (or $133000 if two individuals/couples join).
* we are two mature health care practitioners in our late 40’s
* our spiritual practices include meditation and a living connection with the land
* we value equality and will collaborate on vision and be transparent about our values/lifestyle
* we have an RV on the land but live and work off site. Our intent is to live on land when individual dwellings are built.
* you are interested in growth or have a practice creating awareness and kindness
* you want to build community but also respect privacy and autonomy
* you value resolving conflict directly and calmly
* you are aware of limits and accept differences
* you have the financial means to make a down payment and are open to a long-term vision and commitment
* you are in stable health and do not vape, use illicit substances or drink to excess. You do not use cannabis or expect to hunt/raise meat on the property. Some of the land is intended for wild life or growing food.
Contact us via telephone or email and tell us about your vision along with your needs. We are happy to meet to tour the land and have meetings to share information and get to know one another.