Internship-Food Manager and Community Support (NEEDED)
- Communities with Openings
- Denver, CO
Internship – Food Manager and Community Support: Position Description (Provide stipend, room and board)
The vision of Angelica Village is to create community living spaces that support each person’s humanity, bringing hope and healing to the world.
Angelica Village, through love, care, and sustained mutual support, nurtures conscious community living spaces that promote health and resilience. Angelica Village includes families, refugees and immigrants and community partners.
This position is a year-long internship – 50% Community Food Manager and 50% Community Support. Both positions will help in the living out of Angelica Village vision, mission, principles and philosophies by managing food resources and supporting the community’s basic needs. The Food Manager position is part of a food access grant and will help to manage and report on the grant. The Community Support position includes serving as a live-in lead house parent in a Young Adult House and participating in the day to day living of the community.
- Organize and plan Community Meals
- Organize food donations/food pantry
- Coordinate food purchases
- Engage in local neighborhood connections and networking
- Outreach to Jeffco County farms and food programs
- Work with Farmer on food productions
- Meal Planning
- Check in with community members on food needs and choices on a bi- weekly basis
- Food education and access
- Corner store business plan
- Grant reporting
- Provide transportation for youth/children ( a car is not necessary but helpful) ● Develop and plan activity programing for children
- Engage in house and land beautification
- Provide support in collaboration with other for Young Adult House ● Promote sustainability practices such as recycling, composting, energy efficiency
This position will be supported with a $1,000 per month stipend, housing, food, and transportation. Training and educational opportunities will be available.
Education/ Experience: An undergraduate degree; Volunteer service experience
Ability to be organized, self starter, flexible and take initiative on projects. Strong interpersonal skills
Conscious of diversity, equity and inclusion practices in a diverse community Languages spoken in Community: English, Spanish, Swahili, Dari
Strong writing skills
Demonstrated ability to lead peers
Ability to cooperate, mediate and interest in restorative justice practices in a community context
This internship is available to start immediately ( December 2021)
Angelica Village does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, immigration status or military status, in any of its activities or operations. Angelica Village is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested please send Resume to [email protected]