Seeking CoFounders for EcoVillage in Panama
- Community Forming
- Anton, Coclé Province
8th Life Panama is a permaculture-based Eco-village Project in the early stages of formation. We’re designing our intentional community to provide a social support structure and a low impact lifestyle for members, residents, volunteers and guests. We envision an intentional rural community where our diverse, multigenerational members live on-purpose in true community, with respect and peace.
We are currently seeking founding members and experienced permaculture volunteers.
As human beings we weren’t designed to live disconnected from nature and each other. As a society we’ve gone astray and as a result we’re damaging our mother earth and soon she won’t be able to sustain human life. We seem to have also lost the ability to relate with one another as human beings.
It’s time to transition from a destructive society to a sustainable world. We need to stop the destruction, build soil, restore ecosystems, heal our addictions, change organizational structures of the global economy, & learn to live in community.
Our Eco-village land, Finca Astoria, is 21Ha of grasslands and forests bordered by a river and stream. When we bought the land, it was in its natural state apart from 1Ha that’s been farmed on occasion. The finca is located 11 km from the town of Antón Panama, where we have our operations center.
Villa Astoria is our co-working, co-living center in the town of Antón. It is an operational guest house, receiving travelers, digital nomads and volunteers and other project participants. We work and live here while designing the Eco-village.
1. Visit our website http://8thLifePanama.org and study the project, please. We’ve included a TON of information there.
2. If after reading through the site you’re interested in becoming a founding member of this project, we’d appreciate if you could send us the application form filled out in as much detail as possible. (it’s on the website)
3. Once we receive your application, we’ll reach out to schedule a time to talk by Skype, Zoom, What’s App or some other VOIP / internet calling system. This will give us a chance to get to know one another just a bit and answer any initial questions. After this, if we both think it’s a good idea for you to proceed, we will be in touch with you while you’re planning your transition and studying permaculture (which we hope you’ll do here with us).
4. Integral Permaculture Training – enroll in the online Integral Permaculture Certificate action learning program, (details on our site) where we will formally start your induction into the project as well as designing together your transition to the Eco-village (including any Eco-business you might need to organize).
5. Become a Resident – Once you’ve planned your transition, you become a resident at the project (this can be the same period of time that you are taking your PDC). The first 6 months of residence is part of our mutual evaluation period. Following this time, you apply to become a member. Acceptance is based on following the community agreements and being an active, productive and positive participant in the daily goings-on of the community. Your share ($20,000) is paid at this point, less a portion of your paid rent. Keep in mind that this is a start-up initiative. Your share will be used two ways: 1 – reimbursing the value of the land and 2 – community infrastructure fund.