Community TypesWe have provided a few pre-formatted searches for types of communities that people commonly search for. These searches are approximate and may include some inaccurate results or exclude some relevant results. We hope they can help you get started in your community search. You can always use our Search page to do a more detailed community search.
- Ecovillages – Displays communities with the words ‘ecovillage’ or ‘eco-village’ in their listing. Ecovillages are generally communities with a strong ecological focus.
- Cohousing – Displays communities with the words ‘cohousing’ or ‘co-housing’ in their listing which also indicated that they use the cohousing model. Cohousing communities generally incorporate both private homes and shared common facilities and support neighborly connections.
- Communes – Displays communities which indicated that they are 100% income sharing.
- Co-ops – Displays communities with the words ‘co-op’ or ‘coop’ in their listing. Co-ops are cooperative, generally expense sharing, often urban, shared housing communities. Many of those listed are focused on college students.
- Jewish Communities – Displays communities that identify as spiritual or religious in nature and have Judaism as their religion.
- Christian Communities – Displays communities with the words ‘Christian’ in their listing.