Santa Marta, Cayo District, Belize
- Last updated: November 16, 2017 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: May 19, 2017
Building a world based on love, sharing, and compassion for all expressions of life. We do not kill any living creature and teach others the act of non-violence (ahimsa). We strive to minimize or cause no harm.
At the Peaceful Village, our aim is to create an eco-sustainable community, another way of living, a just and peaceful world through vegan education.
The concept for the intentional vegan community started in 2014 when Michael and a friend started planning for it. In October 2016, Brian acquired land and began growing more fruits and vegetables. In 2017, Michael and Brian came together and founded Peaceful Village with the common goal of a vegan sustainable living-forest community to share with others. It is possible to live hand-in-hand with nature while living sustainably off grid.
Certified World Peace Diet Facilitator, vegan advocate, and author of four books, including two Amazon best-sellers; The Interconnectedness of Life and The Journey, Michael has garnished more than 11,000 YouTube subscribers, and 3.5 million total video views and millions more through Facebook, Google+, Instagram, and others. He has written the forward to Mango Wodzak’s newest book The Eden Fruitarian Guidebook.
Brian Des Rochers, BSc
Obtained a bachelor of science in forestry management and geology at Oregon State University. Brian has been vegan cruelty-free since the end of 2015 to reach his highest spiritual plane. He wishes that all beings are set free and every human is clothed, fed, and has shelter.
The basic values for this community include:
1. No being is viewed as property, to be used or harmed in any way, whenever possible. We at the Peaceful Village at Finca Del Soul cherish all life, therefore everyone is vegan while living on or visiting the land. We follow the principle of “ahimsa” or harmlessness where we refrain from injuring any living creature and cause the least harm whenever possible. This includes refraining from the consumption of animal foods and products that contain animal ingredients, as well as, animals used in entertainment, for testing, clothing, or other uses, as much as possible and practicable. We value all animal’s freedom; therefore, we do not participate in the keeping of companion animals “pets” at the Peaceful Village, but rather live harmoniously with naturally free roaming animals in nature.
2. We value every human animal equally and reject all forms of discrimination. We treat everyone as we want to be treated, with kindness, love, and respect.
3. Not to take what is not given, but to respect the property of others. At the Peaceful Village, we refrain from taking the property, life, time, or life-energy or others if not given freely directly to us.
4. Not to engage in sexual misconduct. This refers to any action of body, speech or mind that sees another as an object for our own self-gratification or against another’s free will.
5. Not to lie but to speak the truth. We avoid telling falsehoods or exaggerations, internally or externally, through any deceitful action, word or thought, with the intent to harm others.
6. Not to consume alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, and cigars. We at the Peaceful Village believe in order to be at peace and harmony, we need not consume any substances that negatively affect the heart or mind.
7. We respect nature and avoid using harmful chemicals, minimizing our ecological footprint as much as possible. Therefore, we implement veganic permaculture practices in harmony with the Earth.
peacefulvillage [ at ] protonmail [ dot ] com
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2014
- Start Living Together: 2017
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.weareinterconnected.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/peacefulvillagecommunity
- Contact Name: Michael Lanfield / Brian Des Rochers
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling), Spiritual or Religious Community, Unspecified, or Other
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
We do have several community leaders, but all of us in the community are equal.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 20
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Additional Comments:
Each person is required to put in at least 20 hours of work per week to build the community. Some skills needed.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Outdoor Kitchen
- Internet Available: No
- Internet Fast?: There is no internet access at our community.
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Raw or Mostly Raw, Veganic and wild grown
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Yes – we all share a common diet.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Peaceful Village and Intentional Community is an ethical and spiritual community based on the interconnectedness of all life. We are 100% vegan community and consume high raw fruit diet. Though not everyone here is required to eat all raw fruit/diet, everyone staying here must be 100% vegan. We do not have/use any alcohol or tobacco in our community.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices)
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
The World Peace Diet, Worldwide Prayer Circle for Animals, World Peace Diet Facilitator
vegan, fruit, spirituality, intentional community, community, vegan community, love, spiritual