New Earth Village – forming need founders.
Bakersville, North Carolina, United States
- Last updated: June 22, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: April 23, 2018
A New Earth Village.
Our New Earth Village
Imagine several hundred people coming together to co-create a New Earth Community.
A new model for cooperative community living.
Together we invest. All real estate and businesses are owned in common..
We own and manage all property, together. We govern as one heart.
Everyone is family. Everyone is needed. We have real purpose.
We care, share, we contribute. Always. We exchange our professions, tools, skills, talents, products and services. Freely.
All daily work, our contributions, hold the same value as any other.
Money is rarely exchanged and only when necessary.
Together we establish our abundant New Earth FREE Economy.
Now Imagine living in the heart of the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains..
Close to nature and magical outdoor adventures.
Our New Earth Village offers unique buildings, inspiring home spaces, local housing and low EMF environments.
Pure food, fresh water, art, music, real friendships, purposeful living and a thriving New Earth Village economy.
Our Community of 500-700 people is flourishing. Inspiring and strong!.
We hold a social contact and we hold it dear:
We are Visionaries, We are Spiritual Pioneers.
We govern from One Heart.
We are a fresh, curious, healthy, industrious, respectful, loving, diverse community.
Everyone offers their very best. We show up, daily, fully, in community, together.
Our New Earth Village employs new cutting edge sustainable tools and technologies.
We are great stewards of mother earth.
Our abundant village is also a
New Earth Education Center.
Join us. Together We Co-Create Heaven on Earth.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2012
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/287820908370451/
- Contact Name: Veronica Marr
- Phone: 203-809-4409
- Community Address:
11 Main Street
Bakersville, North Carolina,
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling), Spiritual or Religious Community, Transition Town or Eco-Neighborhood (focused on energy/resource resiliency)
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities), School, Educational Institute or Experience, Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Holocracy
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: All or close to all
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 20
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Swimming pond or pool, Hot tub or hot springs, Outdoor Kitchen, Large Scale Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Stage or Auditorium, Fire pit, Waterfront access, Gym or sports area, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Mostly Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, Raw or Mostly Raw
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
The community eats mostly a plant based diet.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): We honor and respect ourselves, each other and everything we hold in common…earth, water, air, animals. We value and practice deep presence and daily acknowledge the Divine Beingness that lies at the core of all life. We offer sincere thanks and gratitude via ceremony, movement and song.
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: Yes
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private Schooling at the Community
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
At New Earth Village with are in agreement and understand that our personal, mental, emotional, physical and spiritual health represents the health and vitality of the whole community. We take great responsibility and support each other to ensure we are in excellent whole-health always.