Clear Sky Meditation and Study Center
Bull River, British Columbia, Canada
- Last updated: January 23, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: January 23, 2018
Clear Sky isn’t just a place.
It’s the aspiration and the common purpose of a group of people. Simply put, we want to wake ourselves up and help others do the same.
Since 2005, Clear Sky has been growing and offering retreats and training for people with a heart for spiritual exploration who want to awaken more quickly and fully.
+ Meditation retreats
+ Meditation cabins
+ 1-acre food forest
+ Training program
+ Hosting our founding teachers’ retreats and teachings, both residential and online
The name Clear Sky represents the mind of blissful, non-clinging awareness – the still, clear mind always present behind the ever-shifting clouds of everyday thoughts and emotions. This is the mind that pays attention to the right details and is alert, awake, conscious, and kind.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2005
- Start Living Together: 2008
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.clearskycenter.org
- Business, Project, or Organization: http://www.clearskycenter.org/karma-yoga-service-onsite-program-clear-sky/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClearSkyCenter/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClearSkyCenter
- Other social: https://www.instagram.com/clearskycenter/
- Phone: 1-250-429-3929
- Community Address:
3567 Cockell Road
Bull River, British Columbia, V0B 1N0
- Type(s): Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Meditation retreats
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Additional Comments:
Decisions are generally led by the more experienced and senior members. if you have a specific skillset or knowledge base, you may be part of decision making in certain areas. Yet generally each person’s influence depends on to what extent they think and act with the community and the teachings first and foremost in their mind.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $500
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 20
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Additional Comments:
This is not exactly relevant, since as we’re a charity there is no buy-in or group ownership. We’ve clicked ‘no’ here because we want to encourage financial responsibility in all, and money or other worldly concerns become an energy drain if not attended to properly.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Geothermal
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Between 26-49%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Tractor & Farm Equipment, Fire pit, Internet, meditation room
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for some people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Additional Diet Comments:
While we have checked ‘tobacco used occasionally’, it is rare for anyone living here to be a regular or even occasional smoker. Smoking is only allowed in one spot, especially in summer when the fire hazard is high.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Buddhist, Mixed Eastern Philosophy or Practice
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: Yes
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Not sure what this question refers to – we expect good personal hygiene (since we’re in close quarters!) and general self care and care for the health of others.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
- Additional Comments:
In general, we eat all meals together except on our ‘integration day” (day off) when you are still welcome to join group meals if you wish.
We eat lunch and dinner most days with our founding teachers.
Fair Housing Laws
This community acknowledges that their listing does not include any potential violations of the Fair Housing Law, or that they do not provide housing. For any questions about this topic please see our Content Policies and contact FIC with any questions or concerns: [email protected].
Awakening, meditation, conscious community, exploration, food forest, farm,