Bhrugu Aranya Ecovillage – Poland
Jordanow, Malpolska, Poland
- Last updated: April 7, 2017 (1 month ago)
- Listing created on: April 8, 2006
An international Ecovillage, bringing ancient healing practices into the modern world.
To create a sanctuary-Ark of Fire-for all living beings.
Here, we use Homa Organic Farming methods based on the ancient Vedic science of Agnihotra healing fire performed at sunrise and sunset. We are all vegetarians and grow a lot of our own food.
Creativity, spiritual awareness, self-development, music, arts, Mandala Art Therapy, Sound Healing, alternative education, herbs, and holistic healing are our primary interests. Currently we are 12 adults, 4 children, 3 cows, 3 dogs, many cats, ducks and bees. We are an eclectic mix of artists, musicians, healers, authors, film-makers, gardeners, herbalists, therapists and teachers.
Our ecological/educational nonprofit Foundation teaches Agnihotra and Homa Therapy free of charge. We also offer additional experiential workshops in Homa Organic gardening, Fire & Sound Healing, Creative Arts, and Herbal Lore.
On the farm one can buy Agnihotra pyramids & accessories, books, our Deva herb teas, our Healing Essences, Homa organic honey.
We also support Rose Circles, a women’s empowerment program in India which helps train women below the poverty level to grow organic foods and learn skills to help them become self-sufficient. We promote their handmade products: original designed clothing, yoga mats, handmade patchwork quilts, rose brooches, etc. www.rosecircles.com
We welcome visitors and have accommodation for guests in the log cabin and caravans.
Best is if you have a sincere interest in spiritual and environmental living. Please email and/or call ahead to make arrangements, costs for stay. Must call in advance, please.
- Centre of Light:
Our Ecovillage’s new project, a healing and creative arts centre to serve Europe.
- Homa Therapy Poland:
English language and Polish too, all about Homa Therapy, Homa farming & our Centre
- Orion Transmissions Prophecy:
Inspiring messages for our planet, on earth changes, healing, alternatives, amazing guidance.
- Ecovillage-Bhrugu Aranya:
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1995
- Start Living Together: 1995
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.homatherapypoland.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ecovillage-Bhrugu-Aranya/187548554639531?ref=hl
- Contact Name: Jarek and Parvati Bizberg
- Community Address:
Jordanow, Malpolska, 34-240
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Voting (majority or super-majority rule)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
We have elders, but we find we all learn from each other.
Our NGO has a president, vice-president, etc.
Group meetings weekly, committees for building, gardening
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Additional Comments:
Some projects are for the community & those are shared.
We share in responsibilities of the farm
There would be a trial basis, but no specific joining fee
Each family puts in money toward utilities, farming. developing the place
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Current food produced: From 50-75%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: From 50-75%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Tractor & Farm Equipment, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Yes – we all share a common diet.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Many shared meals spontaneously, but once a week is usual. Many birthday celebrations. A few Vedic weddings here too.
We have a large vegetable garden, apple & plum orchard, grow micro greens, honey from our bees, our own healing and culinary herbs, etc.
All who live here are 100% vegetarians.
Some are vegan, all are vegetarian. No eggs also.
Alcohol & Cigarettes are not allowed on property.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private School off the property, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
- Additional Comments:
Cooperation, care and open communication.
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Global Ecovillage Network (GEN)
Spiritual Ecology, Healing, Creativity, Homa Organic Gardening, Organic Farming, Music, Arts.