Temporary Community: What Do We Learn?
- WHAT INTERNS & WORK EXCHANGERS SAY…ABOUT US – Communities magazine asks interns, work exchangers, and residential course participants what they think of us. Do our programs deliver what our websites promise? Are they comfortably housed and fed? Do we treat them well? by Darin Fenger
- Is Hosting Work Exchangers Worth It? by Dona Willoughby
- HELLO, GOODBYE – Jules Pelican of OAEC in northern California examines the mutual influence of interns and community members. Is it painful to invest emotional energy in people who will soon leave? Does living in community, even temporarily, nevertheless benefit people? by Jules Pelican
- NATURAL BUILDING BLUES: Lessons from a Community Internship – Natural building teacher Mark Mazziotti looks at how what could have been a stellar intern program went awry. by Mark Mazziotti
- How I Learned To Hug A Windmill by Sarah Steinberg
- GOOD MEETINGS: WHEN SOME OF US DON’T SUPPORT AN EXISTING AGREEMENT – Expert advice from five community process and communication consultants. by Bea Briggs, Laird Schaub, Tree Bressen, Caroline Estes, and Karl Steyaert
- Seeking Community by Chris McClellan
- Founding Community by Joseph Kilpatrick
- Community Where You Are – WISE Circles: Nonresidential Communities of Support for Women by Doreen Blumenfeld.