*** Position has been filled ***
Online Events Coordinator
The Foundation for Intentional Community (FIC) is seeking an Online Events Coordinator to support our Communications Director with the coordination of all FIC’s online programming. Support includes, but is not limited to, planning, setup, facilitating, and deploying the logistics and activities for all online events and courses, as well as other administrative duties as assigned. Over 100 online events per year include webinars, instructor-led courses, livestreaming, and virtual networking events.
The ideal candidate is extremely energetic and self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude who enjoys new challenges, is a self-starter, and wishes to be part of a mission-oriented team. They must have strong communication and organization skills, an exemplary ability to follow deadlines, and a proven track record of successful event coordination.
If you meet the requirements below, please send a resume, 1-page cover letter, and 3 references to [email protected]. Make the subject line of your email “Your Name, Online Events Coordinator”
Priority Deadline: December 31st, 2020
We encourage and welcome applicants of any race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, class, religion, ability, or ideology to apply for this position. We actively seek applicants who identify as BIPOC, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and persons with disabilities.
Learn more about our organization and values at ic.org/about/
Commitment: 60 hours/month, first month trial period
Compensation: $20/hr and increasing based on performance, contracted
Location: Remote position, candidates must be based in the US or Canada
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop timelines, organizational plans, and internal communications for all online events
- Fulfillment of all online events: from inception of event, to reporting, to closing out the event
- Host the events and represent the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- Administrative tasks: backend setup of all online events on our website, quality assurance, reminder/follow up communication with participants
- Support instructors and speakers in scheduling, deliverables, and communicating logistics for virtual sessions
- Providing customer support for all online events
- Measure, track, and report results from online events with recommended actions and post-event reporting
- Support event marketing and promotion
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Passionate about intentional communities, ideally lives in or is starting a community
- +3 years of online event coordination experience
- Great with technology, including experience with Zoom, WordPress, Canva, YouTube, Vimeo, Slack, MailChimp, and Google Docs or similar softwares
- Well organized, can run a Zoom call with 100 people without getting lost
- Has a quiet place to work from with reliable internet connection and decent laptop/PC
- Reliable and punctual, can work afternoon to evening hours in EST and PST time zones, including some Saturdays
- Outgoing and eager to help people with professional communication skills
- Graphic design and copywriting experience is a plus!