Interview with Crystal Farmer, author of “The Token: Common Sense Ideas for Increasing Diversity in Your Organization”
December 3 @ 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST , Free – $25
Join us for an interview with Crystal Farmer including live audience Q&A!
About The Token: Common Sense Ideas for Increasing Diversity in Your Organization
- What marginalized people experience and what they need to feel safe and comfortable in order to succeed
- Doing “The Work” – how to have deep conversations with your membership about the reality of bias, privilege, and microaggressions
- Practical exercises and discussion questions
- How to choose appropriate meeting locations and establish ground rules, when to bring in outside help, and how to recruit support within your organization
- Strategies on how to talk to friends who are resistant to progressive ideas.
This no-nonsense, provocative, humorous, and accessible guide is for all well-meaning people leading progressive organizations who acknowledge the need for diversity but don’t know where to start.
Meet the Author
Crystal Byrd Farmer is a North Carolina native active in the cohousing and polyamorous communities. An engineer turned educator, she speaks and writes about ways communities can be more welcoming to people of all kinds of backgrounds. Crystal is the website editor for Black & Poly, an organization promoting healthy polyamorous relationships for people of color. She also serves on the Editorial Review Board of Communities Magazine published by the Global Ecovillage Network-United States. Her book The Token: Common Sense Ideas for Increasing Diversity in Your Organization was published in late 2020. Crystal is passionate about encouraging people to change their perspectives on diversity, relationships, and the world.