There are lots of great events coming up this year. FIC is proud to sponsor events that help bring people together to build your communities and build the movement.
Here are some of the new events on the schedule.
- The Farm’s Conference on Community and Sustainability – The Farm, TN – May 17 – 19
- Restorative Circles Conference – Earthaven Ecovillage, Asheville, NC – July 4 – 7
- Southwest Inter-Community Summit – Lama Foundation, Taos, NM – Aug 30 – Sept 2
- Alternative Education
- Conflict Resolution
- Land Trusts
- Community Business
- and so much more.
Registration $175 per person / Students $125
- Includes meals (Fri supper – Sun brunch)
(Each registrant is asked to bring a specific food item to contribute.)
The Restorative Circles Conference at Earthaven celebrates our opportunity to come together as human beings, as communities (and the organizations we form) to recreate social systems that enhance our ability to reach a higher stage of justice on the arc of history. The bi-annual event focuses on sharing the Restorative Circles process (RC) and the results of its practice, finding support in reaching higher goals in our work places, civic and residential communities, and remembering how our health and well-being are supported and enhanced in the atmosphere of a natural setting. Our program includes planned and unplanned sessions in RC, NVC, healthy movement, nature walks and more.
We are co-creating this exciting opportunity for networking and commingling among folks from diverse communities.
Now more than ever we are called to widen our circles and move from isolation to participation with the world and each other as seekers, allies and current members of community.
Together we will focus on three key questions:
1. What are the shared values of the Communities Movement?
2. What gets in the way of living in alignment with those values?
3. How can we as communities and communitarians support each other?
More events you might be interested in!
- Village Building Convergence – Portland, OR – May 31 – June 9
- National Cohousing Conference – Portland, OR – June 1 – 2
- International Communal Studies Association Conference – upstate New York – July 18 – 21
- West Coast + Canadian Communities Conference – British Columbia – Sept 13 – 15