Wolf Creek Lodge
Grass Valley, California, United States
- Last updated: February 29, 2016 (1 year ago)
- Listing created on: March 1, 2007
Pro-active adults aging in community together.
We are a group who share a common vision of allowing people to age in place with grace and dignity while living in community. We include attorneys, teachers, journalists, engineers, medical/dental professionals, nonprofit administrators, musicians, world travelers, bicyclists, kayakers, retirees, and more. We have no age restrictions and our members now range in age from their fifties to ninety+.
Wolf Creek Lodge houses 30 condominiums and enjoys the convenience of both above and underground parking and elevator access. Members enjoy a large, state-of-the-art kitchen and dining area for optional community meals, laundry and activity space, a beverage/coffee bar, and an inviting sitting area in the 4,000-foot common house. Outside amenities include a hot tub, Petanque court, a large terrace with barbecue, and inviting, environmentally appropriate landscaping.
The Lodge is self-managed by the entire group and decisions are made by consensus.
Environmental sustainability is a central value, taking into consideration everything from energy efficient heating and water systems to solar orientation and the use of sustainable, non-toxic building materials.
Construction began in the fall of 2010, and move-in began in October of 2012. Our friendly and diverse community is still welcomes visitors and new members. Homes become available from time to time. Check our website for currently available homes.
Please visit the Wolf Creek Lodge website to learn more about our community.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2006
- Start Living Together: 2012
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.wolfcreeklodge.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WolfCreekLodgeCohousing/
- Contact Name: Wolf Creek Lodge
- Phone: 800-558-3775
- Community Address:
800 Freeman Lane
Grass Valley, California, 95949
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Suburban
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Additional Comments:
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $350
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 3
- Additional Comments:
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Library, Hot tub or hot springs, Large Scale Kitchen, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used often.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Cooks offer dietary options
Wine or beer with meals generally
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
senior, active adult, green, proactive