Vashon, Washington, United States
- Last updated: September 1, 2017 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: October 10, 2004
We enjoy organic gardening, spontaneous potlucks and gatherings, commemorating our twenty-five year history, and tending our beautiful 13 acres.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1989
- Start Living Together: 1992
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Not currently, but there is a list or possibly in the future
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.vashoncohousing.com
- Contact Name: Vashon Cohousing
- Phone: 206-370-9812
- Community Address:
10421 SW Bank Rd #20
Vashon, Washington, 98070
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $90.00
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
3 hour/month work party in addition to at least one committee assignment
Monthly dues are currently $90/unit
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: 0%, or close to 0%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Large Scale Kitchen, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious community
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Northwest Intentional Communities Association
organic, island, rural, northwest