Two Echo Cohousing
Brunswick, Maine, United States
- Last updated: December 13, 2016 (5 months ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
We have 92 rural acres with 27 clustered lots, surrounded by protected woods and fields. Singles, couples, children, and seniors live in 27 individually designed homes with traditional New England village architecture. For current houses for sale or rent go to our website (www.two-echo.org) and click on “Houses”. The common house opened June 2005. We are located 15 minutes from downtown Brunswick and Bowdoin College.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1991
- Start Living Together: 1998
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.two-echo.org/
- Contact Name: Two Echo Cohousing
- Community Address:
93 Echo Rd
Brunswick, Maine, 04011
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $155.00
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Energy sources: Solar
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for some people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Pot luck dinners and planned dinners alternate weekly.
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private School off the property, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations