Two Acre Wood
Sebastopol, California, United States
- Last updated: May 16, 2017 (1 week ago)
- Listing created on: January 20, 2005
community oriented living
We moved into our brand-new homes in the summer of 1999. So far only three units have changed hands as of early 2016.
We do have one or two possible rental homes and, sometimes, house sitting opportunities. We will be maintaining a list of people who might be interested in purchasing or renting a unit should one become available. If you would like to be on a notification list for future openings, email your name, email address, and phone number to [email protected]
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1994
- Start Living Together: 1999
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.martyrobertsproductions.com/coho.html
- Contact Name: Two Acre Wood
- Community Address:
680 Robinson Rd
Sebastopol, California, 95472
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Small Town
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
We have a coordinating committee that represents all of our committees. But decisions are made by the community as a whole by consensus.
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Additional Comments:
It is not a strict requirement, but an expectation that all will help with community work.
purchase of a unit (condo style ownership) or rent a unit, or rent as a roommate
Homeowners association dues
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Library, Fire pit
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Mostly Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Additional Diet Comments:
It varies, but 2 seems to be the average lately
community vegetable garden and lots of fruit trees
Cooks try to accommodate special needs like wheat free, most meals are organic
We do eat meat but not on a real regular basis.
In individual homes and with community dinners and parties
no one here smokes publicly, not allowed in public areas
- Education Style(s): Private School off the property, Public Schooling