Ten Stones Community
Charlotte, Vermont, United States
- Last updated: November 14, 2017 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
Building caring relationships
There are currently no homes for sale in Ten Stones.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1989
- Start Living Together: 1994
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://tenstonescommunity.com/
- Contact Name: Per Hansen
- Community Address:
Charlotte, Vermont, 05445
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $110
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Additional Comments:
Honor system with minimum hours per year established yearly. The number of hours is around 35 hours per year plus participating in 2 workdays per year.
Quarterly dues for all maintenance of community expenses – roads maintenance, snowplowing, taxes on shared land, maintenance of community building, etc.
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Large Scale Kitchen, Tractor & Farm Equipment, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 1-3 times per month
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
We share meals together either on the Green on picnic tables or in our Common House.
In addition we have a CSA garden, apiaries, and chickens. Community members can choose to be involved in these pursuits.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs)
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private School off the property, Public Schooling
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
None at this time
Cohousing, Co-housing, agriculture