Oakcreek Community–Stillwater Oklahoma
Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States
- Last updated: September 13, 2017 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: January 13, 2010
cohousing for seniors
Two 2-bedroom homes are available for resale as of September 2017. One is 2 BR one bath and the other is 2BR one and one half baths.
This senior cohousing neighborhood is for adults 55+. We have a beautiful 7+ acre- treed-lot in the center of Stillwater in close proximity to retail and health facilities. Oklahoma State University and all of the academic, sport, and cultural activities of a major university are within 1 mile of the property. Walking/biking trails and Boomer Lake are within 1/4 mile. Our homeowners are a mix of retired and not-retired, singles and couples. Visit our website to meet the newest senior cohousing community and the first in Oklahoma! Better yet, come to visit Stillwater in beautiful north central Oklahoma and see why Oakcreek and Oklahoma are MORE than OK.
Check website (www.oakcreekstillwater.com) for details on the two available homes for sale by owners.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2009
- Start Living Together: 2012
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.oakcreekstillwater.com
- Contact Name: Patricia Darlington
- Phone: 405-880-3703
- Community Address:
1806 N. Husband
Stillwater, Oklahoma, 74075
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Small Town or Village
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Active committee participation
HOA fee $300/month (Includes EVERYTHING except electricity/personal condo insurance
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Energy sources: Geothermal
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used often.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices)
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
midwest, senior, central US