Paonia, Colorado, United States
- Last updated: October 13, 2017 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: February 10, 2016
Silver Leaf is a community of artistic, caring, and creative individuals committed to living cooperatively and harmoniously with our neighbors, the land, the environment, and the community at large. We are committed to living simply on a smaller footprint allowing time and resources for the pursuit of creative endeavors.
Our values are cooperation, tolerance, trust, and responsibility.
Silver Leaf, an elder cohousing project, consists of a group of artistic, caring, and creative individuals committed to living cooperatively and harmoniously with our neighbors, the land, the environment, and the community at large. We are committed to live simply on a smaller footprint allowing time and resources for the pursuit of creative endeavors.
The project will consist of twelve small, universally designed/accessible homes, and common amenities to include an organic garden, native landscaping, a wood-burning bread oven, and a common house. The common house will include space for a kitchen, dining area, multi-purpose room for social and educational gatherings, guest room(s), creative art/work space, a shop, laundry room, and space for exercise and yoga.
Silver Leaf is located in Paonia, Colorado, a vibrant small town committed to organic farming and ranching, the arts, and spiritual, creative endeavors. Paonia is unspoiled and one of the most beautiful towns in Colorado.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2015
- Start Living Together: 2018
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.silverleafcohousing.com
- Contact Name: Trudy Welty
- Phone: 303-243-0870
- Mailing Address:
Third and Clark Streets
Paonia, Colorado, 81428
- Type(s): Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship
- Location: Small Town or Village
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Outdoor Kitchen, Gym or sports area, Internet
- Internet Available: No
- Internet Fast?: There is no internet access at our community.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), Mostly Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Native American
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Coho/US
senior, accessible, sustainable, modern, detached, single-level, Paonia, Colorado,