Serene Light Gardens
Bajamar, Tenerife, Spain
- Last updated: November 29, 2016 (5 months ago)
- Listing created on: April 17, 2016
Create an eco-learning center where 1 to 4 families can live and offer a space where alternative lifestyles can be shared and learned.
We aim to have permaculture gardens, bioconstructions buildings. clean energies, yoga, meditation time…. have a look at our video on our crowdfunding page for more information: www.gofundme.com/serenelight
We are just a couple (yasmich.jimdo.com) that is engaged right now with this specific land although we have a whole network of interested persons who might join at some point.
We still actively looking for co-creators, co-owners or focused and responsible volunteers.
- Status: Forming
- Started Planning: 2007
- Start Living Together: 2008
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.serenelightgardens.org
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/serenelightgarden
- Other social: http://www.gofundme.com/serenelight
- Contact Name: Michael&Yasmin
- Community Address:
Bajamar, Tenerife, 38250
- Type(s): Commune (organized around sharing almost everything), Ecovillage (organized around ecology and sustainability), Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property), Spiritual or Religious Community
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities), School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Organization, Resource, or Network, WWOOF’ing, Guest Farming, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Suburban
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Energy Infrastructure: We are totally off grid.
- Planned renewable energy generation: Almost All, around 90%
- Planned food produced: Almost All, around 90%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Garden(s), Library, Workshop, Outdoor Kitchen
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: Somewhat – there are some dietary restrictions or customs.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: No, this community does not permit alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Hindu, Sufi, Native American
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
Global Ecovillage Network (GEN), RIE
permaculture, sharing, meditation, amma, therapy, love, supporting each other, life, beauty, ocean,