Pleasant Hill Cohousing
Pleasant Hill, California, United States
- Last updated: July 6, 2018 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: October 20, 2004
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1997
- Start Living Together: 2001
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://phch.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PleasantHillCohousing/
- Contact Name: Pleasant Hill Cohousing
- Phone: 925-685-6877 (voicemail)
- Community Address:
2200 Lisa Lane
Pleasant Hill, California, 94523
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Suburban
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Executive Committee elected each year
modified consensus, with voting backup procedure
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 1
- Additional Comments:
Work 4 hours/month or buyout. Actively serve on at least one committee.
Homeowners Association dues
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: Between 26-49%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Vehicle Share, Library, Workshop, Swimming pond or pool, Hot tub or hot springs, Large Scale Kitchen, Swingsets & play areas, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
Cook’s choice but we try to always have a vegetarian or vegan option, a gluten-free option, and a kid option.
Varies – vegetarians, vegans, and omnivores
Smoking is prohibited in common house
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Not a particularly spiritual or religious community
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Expected Healthcare Practices:
Try not to infect others when you or your children are sick.
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Coho/US