Portland, Oregon, United States
- Last updated: September 13, 2017 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: September 10, 2013
Proactive adults living in a collaborative, sharing, loving community where our goal is to generate a rich experience for everyone for the next third of our lives.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2013
- Start Living Together: 2017
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Not currently, but there is a list or possibly in the future
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://pdxcommons.com
- Contact Name: Jim Swenson
- Phone: 503-740-2179
- Community Address:
4262 SE Belmont Street, Office
Portland, Oregon, 97214
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Urban
- Decision Making: Modified Consensus (everyone agrees, with some exceptions or fallbacks.)
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution: Encouraged or suggested
- Open to members with existing debt: No
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar, Clean Energy from the Grid
- Planned renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Library, Workshop, Outdoor Kitchen, Large Scale Kitchen, Fire pit, Gym or sports area, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, both the community and individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Mostly Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Jewish, Lutheran, Unitarian Universalist, Atheist, Agnostic
- Education Style(s): Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC), Coho/US
Portland, Oregon, senior cohousing, progressive, urban access