Ehrenhausen, Steiermark, Austria
- Last updated: January 13, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: January 13, 2018
Obenaus is a micro version of how we as humans relate to Mother Earth’s generosity. Living naturally in harmony with our human and Earth’s Nature. Open and in contact with society.
Obenaus is a place to live in a sustainable and healthy way. We gather people ready to master their own lives and thus willing to share it with others, in the countryside of South Styria (Austria), at the heart of Europe. People can stay here for a short while – “a meaningful rest”, or a whole phase of their life.
We seek to cover all generations so that we are a complete human tribe, where every one can contribute to every one else’s needs. Many nationalities are present here. We practice Art of Hosting for community meetings and our day-to-day living.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 2012
- Start Living Together: 2014
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.obenauscommunity.org
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/obenauscommunity/
- Contact Name: Lena and Rainer
- Phone: +43345322168
- Community Address:
Ehrenhausen, Steiermark, 8461
- Type(s): Shared Housing, Cohouseholding, or Coliving (multiple individuals sharing a dwelling), Transition Town or Eco-Neighborhood (focused on energy/resource resiliency)
- Programs & Activities: Transition Town (post-petroleum and off-grid communities), School, Educational Institute or Experience, Volunteer, Internship, or Apprenticeship, Ethical Business, Investment Group, or Alternative Currency, Organization, Resource, or Network, Festivals, Conferences, Events
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By a board, council, group of elders, or leadership group
- Identified Leader: Yes, multiple identified leaders
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $750
- Shared Income: Partial share of income
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 10
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes (some debt)
- Energy Infrastructure: We use both systems.
- Current renewable energy generation: 100%
- Energy sources: Clean Energy from the Grid
- Planned renewable energy generation: 100%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Between 26-49%
- Food produced locally: Almost All, around 90%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Library, Workshop, Outbuilding(s), Outdoor Kitchen, Large Scale Kitchen, Fire pit, Swingsets & play areas, Internet
- Internet Available: Yes, community provides it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for some people.
- Shared meals: Approximately all meals
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Paleo (no grains, dairy, processed foods, or legumes), Local (food sourced within 150 miles), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers), GMO Free (only non-genetically modified organisms), Vegetarian Only (no animal meat; dairy and eggs okay) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegetarian, Mostly Vegetarian, Vegan Only (plants only, no animal products) – Please check this only if you are 100% Vegan., Mostly Vegan, Opportunivore (dumpster diving, nature harvesting, etc.), Raw or Mostly Raw, Kosher, Halal, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: No, this community does not permit tobacco use.
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Ecumenical (accepts all religions or spiritual practices), Eclectic (integrates multiple religious or spiritual beliefs), Christian, Protestant, Lutheran, Mixed Eastern Philosophy or Practice, Agnostic, Humanist
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Art of Hosting, Integral Europe
Art of Hosting, organic, off-the-grid, learning, life-affirming, practice, Action learning