Boulder, Colorado, United States
- Last updated: October 30, 2018 (3 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
- Last verified on: October 30, 2018
Our mission is to build a housing community which fosters both independence and interdependence. To create a community which assures a safe and nurturing environment for all, creates a sense of extended family, utilizes environmentally sound design and materials and allows for the sharing of resources.
We are a diverse community, we value difference, We aspire to be aware and respond to our overt and covert biases.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1994
- Start Living Together: 1997
- Visitors accepted: Yes, rarely
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: https://nomadcohousing.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nomadcohousing/
- Contact Name: Nomad Cohousing
- Community Address:
1460 Quince Ave
Boulder, Colorado, 80304
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Suburban
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: No
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Additional Comments:
About 5 hours per month
Cost of home purchase.
Monthly HOA Dues currently ranging from $250- $500.
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 50-75%
- Current food produced: 0%, or close to 0%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: 0%, or close to 0%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s)
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, it’s fine.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for some people.
- Shared meals: 2-5 times per week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Mostly Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Yes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
We go out of our way to accomodate vegetarians
Very little not an issue
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious community
- Education Style(s): Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
cohousing urban energy-efficient