Western ME Homestead/Prepper Group
Franklin County, Maine, United States
- Last updated: December 22, 2018 (2 seconds ago)
- Listing created on: November 3, 2012
create sustainable group – location given on here intentionally incorrect
Have 100+ acres of hardwood & rocks, supremely defensible – need partners to develop. Beautiful rural area, some farms/tiny villages surrounded by thousands and thousands of acres of public access forest.
Near resortish village for odds & ends of employment – ski areas for one thing.
15 mi. from a very greeny/hippy small college town that is the county seat, has all sorts of Ag. Stores & a farmer’s market as well as a decent hospital.
I have an excavator, and a farm tractor w/a loader, will be buying a dumptruck soon to begin developing the land into a defensible farm retreat.
Also have bandsaw mill, woodsplitter, all construction tools & equipment, generators, etc., etc… 30 yrs. as a carpenter/builder/developer before becoming a realtor .
Meanwhile continuing to develop present 6 acre mini-farm 1/2 hr. away for gardening & animals until big project is more under way.
At this point there are others who are interested, and I have placed 2 big travel trailers on the land . One to be enclosed in a solar double garage for temporary housing for myself . Your temporary housing would be welcome if you are in sync w/me.
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Location: Rural
- Decision Making: By an individual community leader
- Identified Leader: Yes
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
to be developed
always open to suggestions
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $100
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 0
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
definitely helpful if prospective partners can bring funds to the party, and there are ways to protect financial investments
- Energy sources: Solar, Wind, Hydro-Electric
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: 100%
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals)
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Additional Diet Comments:
I eat meat, you eat what you want . We are interested in growing non-GMO organic foods .
Community Network or Organization Affiliations
The Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)
survival, prepper, farm, retreat, homesteading, alternative lifestyle, off grid