Prescott, Arizona, United States
- Last updated: April 10, 2018 (1 second ago)
- Listing created on: December 31, 1999
Our vision is to sustain and promote a thriving cohousing community in Prescott, Arizona, whose members develop and participate in an intergenerational intentional community which nurtures creativity, neighborliness, collaboration, consensus governance, environmental stewardship and global awareness.
- Status: Established (At least 4+ adults, 2+ years)
- Started Planning: 1994
- Start Living Together: 2001
- Visitors accepted: Yes
- Open to new Members: Yes
- Please read the details in Membership below before contacting this community. Send Message
- Website address: http://www.manzanitavillage.com/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Manzanita-Village-Gaias-Food-Forest/143045212424353
- Contact Name: Manzanita Village
- Phone: 928-445-3015
- Community Address:
258 Benjamin Dr
Prescott, Arizona, 86303
- Type(s): Cohousing (individual homes within group owned property)
- Programs & Activities: Neighborhood, Community Housing, or Homeowner’s Association
- Location: Small Town or Village
- Decision Making: Consensus (everyone agrees)
- Identified Leader: No
- Leadership Core Group: Yes
- Additional Comments:
- Dues, Fees, or Shared Expenses: Yes
- Regular Fee per Month: $150
- Shared Income: None
- Required Labor Contribution per Week: 2
- Open to members with existing debt: Yes
- Additional Comments:
Dinner teams, committees, and work parties
Monthly HOA dues
- Energy Infrastructure: We are connected to the grid.
- Current renewable energy generation: Up to 25%
- Energy sources: Solar
- Planned renewable energy generation: 26-49%
- Current food produced: Up to 25%
- Planned food produced: Up to 25%
- Food produced locally: Up to 25%
- Common Facilities: Common House, Garden(s), Greenhouse(s), Hot tub or hot springs, Large Scale Kitchen, Swingsets & play areas, Gym or sports area
- Internet Available: Yes, individuals provide it
- Internet Fast?: Yes, exceptionally.
- Cell Phone Service: Good for most people.
- Shared meals: About once a week
- Dietary Practice: Omnivorous (plants and animals), Organic (no pesticides or synthetic fertilizers)
- Dietary Choice or Restrictions: No – people may eat however they wish.
- Special Diets OK: Sometimes
- Alcohol Use: Yes, used occasionally.
- Tobacco Use: Yes, used seldomly, or ceremoniously.
- Additional Diet Comments:
- Common Spiritual Practice(s): Not a particularly spiritual or religious community, Buddhist, Jewish, Protestant, Catholic, Quaker, Unitarian Universalist, Atheist, Agnostic, Humanist
- Spiritual Practice Expected?: No
- Education Style(s): Home Schooling, Private School off the property, Public Schooling, Up to each family or individual
- Healthcare Options: Up to each family or individual
Community Network or Organization Affiliations